Flesor’s Candy Kitchen in the News
Have you seen us online or in print? Drop us a line at email@example.com and tell us where you saw us and we will share it here too!!
- Illinois Office of Tourism Meet the people behind the bar at Flesor’s Candy Kitchen. Read online!
- Candy Industry Magazine: Sisters who run Flesor’s Candy Kitchen have come full circle: The Flesor sisters return home, resurrect their grandfather’s candy store and bring new life to a small town. Read this article online!
- Chicago Tribune Video Gallery: Landmark candy store returns to downstate Illinois.The Tribune visits Flesor’s Candy Kitchen, a popular location in Tuscola, Ill. established by Gus Flesor in 1901. It closed in the 1970s, but was re-opened by Flesor’s granddaughters in 2004. Watch the Video from their July 2012 visit!
- Illinoishomepage.net: The Flesor gals talk about their special treat to celebrate Independence Day! View segment from June 8, 2012
- Illinoishomepage.net: The Flesor gals talk about their new “Buzz Bark” chocolate coffee bark, coffee creams, and coffee ice cream! View segment from February 18, 2011
- Illinois Partners: Sweet Reunion at Century-Old Flesor’s Candy Kitchen October 28, 2011 (By Cathy Lockman). Great article and video!
- CBS Evening News: Flesor’s Candy Kitchen was featured May 4, 2007 on the CBS Evening News with Katie Couric in the Assignment America segment. The segment is available online in the Assignment America. Watch the episode online!
- AmericanProfile.com: March 31, 2007 – “Although nearly 30 years had passed, the Flesor sisters found and bought back the original fixtures—the marble soda fountain, wooden booths and Tiffany-style lamps. Amazingly, every fountain stool, copper kettle and glass candy case had been warehoused by the antique dealer who bought the building.” Click here to read the entire article and see the great photos!
Search us on YouTube!
Here are a few of the videos out there on YouTube about Flesor’s Candy Kitchen!! Do a search and find more!
Flesor’s Candy Kitchen Chatter
People are talking about Flesor’s Candy Kitchen! Below is a brief list of where we have showed up over the years. Have you seen us online? Drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org and tell us where!
- Road Trip: Flesor’s Candy Kitchen, chambanamoms.com, where Champaign-Urbana moms meet!, January 11, 2010
- Flesor’s Candy Kitchen Tuscola, IL, Opportunity Returns East Central Newsletter, June 20, 2007
- Flesor’s Candy Kitchen considering expansion, Champaign News-Gazette, Wednesday, May 30, 2007
- TV viewers to get taste of Tuscola on Friday, Champaign News-Gazette, Monday, April 30, 2007
- Tuscola In National Spotlight, IllinoisHomepage.net, Charles Vance/WCIA 3, Monday, Apr 30, 2007
- Candy Kitchen on CBS Evening News, IllinoisHomepage.net, Wednesday, Apr 25, 2007
- Vote for Flesor’s Candy Kitchen! BoomtownUSA by Jack Schultz
- 5-Start Review! Judy’s Book, January 12, 2007
- Cookin’ candy in the kitchen, Pounce Online, January 12, 2007
- 3 Illinois Spots Evoke Sweet Memories, By JIM PAUL, Associated Press Writer, Monday, July 03, 2006.
- Flesor’s Candy Kitchen was featured on WILL TV ‘Prairie Fire’, Thursday, February 23, 2006 7:30 PM.
- It’s your business: Chocolate maker to branch out to Urbana, Champaign News-Gazette, January 29, 2006
- Murder and mayhem arrive at Flesor’s Candy Kitchen, October 2005
- Bringing Back Grandpa’s Candy Store, Womens Wall Street, September 22, 2005
- Home sweet home: Sisters reopen grandfather’s 1901 candy shop, Mattoon/Charleston, Journal Gazette/Times Courier, October 11, 2004
- Roadside Online, History Entry, January 24, 2004
- Back to bunnies for candymakers’ legacy, Champaign News Gazette, August 24, 2003
We appreciate all our friends and colleagues who share the goodies of Flesor’s Candy Kitchen wherever they go. When you have a moment, stop by and say hello in person or online to our friends